- Sand off scratches with P240 - P400 sanding paper.
- Clean and mask the areas to be painted.
- Thinly apply 1K Acrylic Filler or 1K Primer Filler, then two spray applications with forced interim drying.
- After full hardening sand with P800 wet sandpaper first and then sand smooth with P1200.
- Roughen inner edge zone with grey ultra-fine abrasive pad, outer edge zone with sponge and Schleiffix.
- Dry and clean area.
- Apply a thin spray of 1K water-borne paint to a prewarmed area (25-30°C) and continue with the normal painting process.
- When using barely opaque colour tones, after a corresponding flash off time (matt) it might be necessary to apply additional paint coats.
- Important: after each painting coats, completely flash off the paint.
- Paint 2K Rapid Clear Coat with 2 complete paint processes with interim flash off time.
- Paint blender thinner / coat in light painting steps in all transition zones.
- If necessary, polish the transition zones after full hardening.
- Using the touch-up fade in technique results in optimal colour-hue alignment.
- More than 50% process cost savings.
- Perfect painting results, just like with a spray gun.
- Matt stripping the painted areas can be accelerated by blowing with a hair dryer.
- Drying time at least 5 minutes.
1K Acrylic filler oder
1K Primer filler
|Cleaning||Aqua silicone-remover||ca. 5-10ml¹|
|Color tone||1K water basecoat||ca. 25- 30µm|
|Clear coat||2K Rapid clear coat||ca. 30-35µm|
Blender clear or
¹ Varies depending on area and degree of soiling.
² In sanded-through spots with bare metal of over approx. ca. 2 cm, use 1K Filler Primer (Art. No. 680 003).
In sanded-through spots with blank metal up to approx. 2 cm, the 1K Acryl Filler (Art. No. 680 005) is sufficient.